Friday, February 16, 2007
Posted by Jason Dunn in "Thoughts Media Status Updates" @ 01:10 PM
- Create a template that all other Thoughts Media Web sites can use.
- Spruce up the visual design of the template by adding new graphics, changing the colours, and adding general polish (the first template was done in quite a hurry for our launch).
- Create a high-visibility area where we can promote our articles and original content.
- Highlight top stories, articles, and recent posts in our forums.
- Expose the power of the network: we want to show you what's going on with the other Thoughts Media sites, from the articles we're publishing on them, to the news items that are being published.
- Speed up page loading: by switching to a new AJAX-based RSS feed solution, the page will load first,then the RSS feeds up top and in the right column. Everything feels snappier.
- Make front-page archives easier to get at by having links at the bottom of the front page.
- Drive added revenue: sad but true, money matters, and since Thoughts Media is what I do for a living, we added one new advertising zone to the front page and recently added a new ad zone to the forums.